6 ways to wear YOUR sarong
Finally, the summer is almost here and naturally my thoughts turn to my holiday wardrobe. Each year, however, I struggle to close my suitcase due the mountain of clothes I have managed to cram in. I have been known to have a ‘caution: do not lift by hand’ label attached to my suitcase by disapproving flight attendants, but this year things are going to be different. I WILL pack lightly. In this month’s blog, I am going to show you how to style a sarong 6 different ways. From beach to bar, these outfits are fabulous AND will leave you with a little extra room in your suitcase!
- Try tying a sarong around your waist as a cute cover up on the beach. Pair it with a contrasting coloured bikini, and sunnies for a relaxed look that can be taken from beach to bar.
2. This look is by far my favourite. Tie a sarong asymmetrically, crossing over at the front to create a gorgeous crop top. Paired with some denim shorts and sandals, this look can be taken from day to night and stays on top of this summer’s trends.
3. Perhaps, you are going somewhere slightly cooler this summer or prefer to have a bit more covered up. A sarong makes a practical and stylish scarf that can be dressed up or down.
4. Simple, but classic, the sarong can be made into a simple dress by simply tying at the side. I paired it with a matching clutch to be worn for sunset cocktails but it could equally be thrown on, over a bikini, beside the pool.
5. Try emphasising the bold and beautiful patterns of a sarong by trying into a bandeau crop top. I paired mine with a fresh white pair of jeans and some strappy heels that makes this outfit suitable for a romantic dinner or some late night clubbing.
6. Catch everyone’s attention round the pool with this glamourous kaftan style sarong. Throw it casually over a bikini with some oversized shades to keep you feeling confident and looking amazing!
I hope you enjoyed this month’s blog and that it has given you some summer outfit inspiration. Both of the stunning sarongs are new to Kitten Beachwear, and are selling out fast so make sure you buy one before they sell out!
I’d also like to say a huge thank-you to the beautiful Ella Dennison for modelling (my bikini body is nowhere near ready…) Make sure you are following @kittenbeachwear on Instagram to see the full collection and join in some of their exciting competitions. Why not post an outfit pic on Instagram, styling one of their items and tag #kittenbeachwearclub for the chance to be featured on their page? Don’t forget to check out next month’s blog where I shall be writing about my ‘must see’ places this summer!
Lots of love